Ladies Ancient Order of Hibernians
Countess De Markievicz, Div. #1
Minutes from the General Business Meeting
September 8, 2016
Attending (Officers): Megan Kelly, Kristin DeMain, Toni Dodge, Gretchen Moriarty, Janelle Brown, Pat O’Connor #2
(Members): Elaine Browning, Rory Clark, Leah Demko, Rosemary Feka, Karen Finn, Teresa Harris, Maureen Lovell, Julie McGhee, Pat O’Connor #1, Katie Summers
Absent (Officers): Mary Driscoll (ex), Judy Leddy (ex), Lisa O’Connell (ex), Chaplain Bud Campbell (ex)
(Members): Joanna Brand (ex), Phyllis Cain (ex), Colleen Campbell, Dawn Clark, Maureen Clark, Jo Ann Cormack, Rose Eaton, Norah Fagan (ex), Mary Hayes (ex), Carol Higgins (ex), Mary Higgins (ex), Ginny Holleran (ex), Rachel Hunter, Kristine Konich, Julie Lovett, Nona McGuire, Janet McGue, Mary Modic, Megan Moriarty, Beth Motika (ex), Heidi Motika (ex), Sue O’Connor, Holly O’Leary, Dawn Peterson, Judy Pitts, Louise Popich (ex), Erin Reidy (ex), Deborah Reinstatler, Michele Sagraves, Jessica Schmitt, Lindsay Stemen (ex), Cathy Sullivan, Mary Ann Weber (ex), Megan Weis (ex), Mary Ann Williams, Julie Wright, Heather O’Leary Ziccardi
The meeting was called to order by President Megan Kelly. Opening prayers were said.
Installation of Officers: None.
Initiation of New Members: Katie Sommers.
Approval of the minutes
· Motion (Janelle/Kristin) to suspend with reading of minutes was PASSED and minutes were approved with corrections.
Presentation of bills:
· From AOH for $137.50 for the DIF Insurance (pre-approved expense).
· Recording Secretary: Correspondence was read.
· Chaplain: A new Chaplain is needed.
President: Megan thanked Pat #1 and Sue O’Connor for the snacks. Megan thanked those who attended the Lady of Knock celebration. Deacon Campbell had to resign due to a new position. Missions & Charity – Judy Leddy and Catholic Action – Karen Finn have both resigned for the rest of this year. These positions are now open and assistance is needed. Megan asked Karen to look into following up on the cemetery tour in the future. Friday, November 4 is Celtic New Year at Tara Hall. The State Board meeting (joint AOH/LAOH) is Saturday, November 12 at Tara Hall. LAOH will provide lunch. AOH/LAOH Christmas Installation is December 10 at Tara Hall; 4:00pm at St. Llad’s and pot luck following.
· Financial Secretary: There are 32 paid members, 16 members in attendance, 7 seniors, 3 national life, and 54 total members.
· Treasurer: Total Receipts were $1,003.00 and expenses were $472.94. Account balances are: MIN - $960.08, Celtic - $432.71, Checking balance - $8,597.42 and $5,976.27 after Cottage Fund of $2,621.15.
· Historian: No Report. October 28-, 30, OSU will put on a 1916 rebellion play “The Plough and the Stars,” at the Southern Theater. Tickets available through CAPA.
· Missions & Charities: No Report.
· Catholic Action: No Report.
· Sentinel: No Report.
· Mistress at Arms: No Report.
· Freedom For All Ireland-Heather O’Leary Ziccardi/Elaine Browning: No Report.
· Hospitality-Teresa Harris: Thanks to Pat #1 & Sue for snacks. October is Elain Browning & Julie McGhee.
· Newsletter-Mary Higgins: No Report.
· Membership-Rory Clark: No Report. Teresa will see if there is still a new member welcome packet available.
· Publicity-Leah Demko: Leah will post things requested. Megan shared AOH calendar of events to put on our Facebook page and website.
· Sunshine-Julie McGhee: Julie sent cards for the Haney, Gaugh & Doyle families.
· Cottage-Maureen Lovell: Maureen thanks all for their prayers. Work has been done (all Phase 1 except the entryway is done). Phase 2 will be painting (to be scheduled in October) and stocking shelves. She will schedule a meeting for October.
· Bereavement-Maureen Lovell: No Report.
· Activities-Rory Clark, Erin Reidy, Leah Demko: Rory is trying to plan a bowling event. Maureen will finish the Hibernia mural once it is transported to her building. Paint night will be scheduled again.
· Website-Maureen Clark, Toni Dodge, Lisa O-P: No Report.
· There are still 1916 cards available.
· Clothing drive.
· Baldrics material will be ordered. At least 5 members expressed interest in having baldrics made. Pricing is being researched.
· February 18, 2017 is the next Clann na nGael dinner. It will again be held at the
· Megan took school supplies to St. Mary’s.
· Teresa asked the members to sign up for donation items for the Christmas food drive. All needs to be provided by the November meeting. Motion (Leah/Rosie) to purchase two $50.00 gift cards for the Christmas baskets was PASSED.
· Clothing drive.
o President – Megan Kelly
o Vice-President – Kristin DeMain
o Recording Secretary – Toni Dodge
o Treasurer – Gretchen Moriarty
o Financial Secretary – Lisa O-P
o Historian – Mary Driscoll
o Missions and Charities – OPEN
o Catholic Action – OPEN
o Mistress at Arms – Pat O’Connor #2
o Sentinel – Janelle Brown
o Audit – Toni Dodge, Julie Lovett, Mary Driscoll
o Activities – Rory Clark, Erin Reidy, Leah Demko
o Bereavement – Maureen Lovell
o Cottage Manager – Maureen Lovell
o Freedom for All Ireland – Elaine Browning, Heather O’Leary Ziccardi
o Sunshine – Julie McGhee
o Hospitality – Teresa Harris
o Newsletter – Mary Higgins
o Publicity – Leah Demko
o Membership – Rory Clark
o Website – Toni Dodge, Maureen Clark, Lisa O’Connell-Paccioretti
Irish Calendar Events:
· October 15 – Shamrock Club fundraiser for St. Patrick’s Day event. Admission price is $10.00. They are asking all Clann na nGael groups to provide a raffle basket.
· October 20 – LAOH darts night at the Shamrock Club, 7:00pm.
· November 4 – Celtic New Year.
· November 12 – State Board Meeting.